So, you want to attract more money, a new “toy” or the perfect mate. If you want to change your outer world, you have to change your inner world first. How do you change your inner world? This is where affirmations come in to play.
Before you start creating your affirmations for attracting love, abundance or self esteem, you have to realize that you are NOT your past or current results. Your results are just an indicator of your past actions and feelings, and you can change this in short order.
Right now, you are acting out of the mental programming you have received up to this point in your life. Isn’t now a good time to change that? The first step is to accept responsibility for your life as it is and be willing to change your thinking, feelings and actions in order to create new, more desirable results for tomorrow.
To begin reconditioning and reprogramming your mind, you should start by writing down some of the negative thinking that is holding you back right now. Let’s start with money for this example (a pretty popular topic these days) but you can use any topic you wish.
Write down 3 negative thoughts you have about money. Here are a few examples to get you started, but I want you to write down your own.
- I never have enough money.
- Rich people are greedy.
- The economy is so bad right now.
Now, write down how each thought makes you feel. Again, here are some examples, but list your own feelings about your thoughts.
- I’m not worthy of having all the money I want. Making money is hard anyway.
- Rich people suck and I don’t want to suck. People with lots of money must be cheating someone.
- I feel sick to my stomach when I think about the economy. I can’t get ahead with things being so bad out there.
Finally, write down the actions (or lack of actions) you take regarding these feelings.
- I don’t even try because I’ll fail anyway.
- I’d rather be broke and keep my integrity, so I’ll just stay where I am financially.
- When the recession is over, I will change the way I do things. People will spend more money then, so it will be worthwhile.
Now it’s time to write some positive affirmations that will help attract more money. By taking the original negative thoughts and turning them around, you can begin reprogramming your mind. Here’s what they might look like.
- I always have plenty of money to pay my bills and some left over to save.
- I attract abundance and I share my wealth with the world.
- I easily earn all the money I want to.
As you say each affirmation out loud, picture yourself living those statements and feel the feelings of having the results. For example, how does it feel to have plenty of money to pay your bills and have some left over? Pretty good I bet.
Practice saying your new money affirmations several times a day with emotion. Pretty soon you will begin to change the way you feel about money and your actions around earning money will change and then your results will change. It’s a good idea to write in a journal as you go through this process so you can see the progress you are making.
You can apply this process to anything you want to change, but I recommend you begin with something that isn’t most pressing. As you build confidence by achieving success, you can move on to more challenging changes you would like to see in your life.
More about Affirmations and the Law of Attraction in Part 2